Iowa Cubs Experience
Blank Park Zoo Experience
Pursuing a college education is a great investment in your future. The time, money and effort you spend on your education will provide you with opportunities for expanded career choices and greater earning potential.
Although financing your education may seem overwhelming at times, many types of financial aid are available. Premier Credit Union offers private student loans to help you meet the cost of college.
Premier Credit Union Private Student Loan
This private student loan is designed to supplement — not replace — federal, state and institutional financial aid to cover your expenses. It is available to students attending any eligible college or university provided all other eligibility requirements are met.
Premier Credit Union requests that you and your family work with financial aid professionals at your respective college or university to ensure that you have first applied for all applicable forms of federal, state and institutional financial aid for which you are eligible, including federal student loans, prior to obtaining a private student loan. Accepting a private loan before utilizing other types of aid available may decrease your eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid.
Premier Credit Union’s private student loan feature:
- Transparent interest rates. No “as low as” pricing.
- Deferred repayment. No payments are due while you’re enrolled at least half time and for six months after you graduate, leave school or drop below half-time enrollment.
- Several repayment plans once you begin repayment to best fit your financial situation
The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a free form provided by the U.S. Department of Education that may be completed without professional assistance via paper application or online at www.fafsa.gov.
In your award letter from your college, the financial aid office will inform you of your eligibility for federal student loans.
General Guidelines for Premier Credit Union Private Student Loan
All applicants must:
- Be a member or become a member of Premier Credit Union. Note: Once Premier Credit Union receives your loan application, you have 30 days to finalize your membership with the credit union.
- Be of majority age pursuant to applicable law at the time of application or be an emancipated minor.
- Not have defaulted on any private or government student loan.
- Be attending any nonprofit, Title IV eligible, degree-granting, regionally accredited college or university or nonprofit school of nursing.
- Be accepted, enrolled or attending on at least a half-time basis, as defined by the school, and be making satisfactory academic progress in an eligible education program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Cosigner(s) must be citizens of the United States.
Applying for Premier Credit Union Private Student Loan
Premier Credit Union members can apply online for a private student loan. If you are not a member of Premier Credit Union you will need to become a member to qualify for the loan program. The loan servicer, Iowa Student Loan®, will handle the processing and approval of your Premier Credit Union Private Student Loan application.
Who do I contact to get information on my Premier Credit Union Private Student Loan?
Iowa Student Loan Liquidity Corp.
Ashford I Building
6775 Vista Drive
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Toll-free telephone number: (800) 542-6005
Web site: www.studentloan.org
Additional College Planning Assistance
If you are looking for information on planning for, paying for and succeeding in college, Premier Credit Union recommends the Iowa College Access Network® (ICAN). ICAN offers free services, including assistance with completing the FAFSA, to students and their families. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org or call (877) CPC-Iowa for more information about ICAN.
News & Events