Pursuing a college education is a great investment in your future. The time, money and effort you spend on your education will provide you with opportunities for expanded career choices and greater earning potential.
Although financing your education may seem overwhelming at times, many types of financial aid are available. Work with your college or university’s financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid. If you find you need supplemental private student loan funds, Premier Credit Union can help.
Premier Credit Union has partnered with Iowa Student Loan to offer two supplemental private student loan programs*.
- The Partnership Advance Education Loan (Partnership Loan) can help you pay for college while you’re in school.
- The Reset Refinance Loan (Reset Loan) can help you simplify repayment or pay lower interest for existing student loans after you finish college.
The Partnership Loan:
- Provides terms and conditions upfront, so you know what you’re getting before you apply.
- Features variable and fixed interest rates.
- Lets you begin making principal and interest, make interest-only payments or defer payments while you attend school.
- Offers benefits such as an interest rate reduction and cosigner release.
The Reset Loan lets you refinance or combine existing student loans into one new loan. This may help you if you have student loans with higher interest rates or are making payments to a number of different servicers.
The Reset Loan features:
- Competitive fixed interest rates.
- Three different repayment terms.
- An interest rate reduction benefit.
Tools and Tips to Help Minimize Borrowing
Take advantage of Iowa Student Loan’s smart borrowing resources.
- Student Loan Game Plan helps you learn how you can reduce the amount you may need to borrow for college.
- Return on College Investment lets you explore jobs and earnings for graduates of specific majors.
- College Funding Forecaster allows you to estimate college costs for four years based on your freshman financial aid award letter.
- Student Loan Coach, Iowa Student Loan’s blog, provides tips on how to prepare, plan for and finance college.
- Complete the FAFSA first. The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Work with our college financial aid office to explore and exhaust all sources of student financial aid before seeking a private student loan.
Premier Credit Union Private Student Loan Borrowers
Premier Credit Union is no longer offering its Premier Credit Union Private Student Loan.
If you previously borrowed a Premier Credit Union Private Student Loan, you should contact Iowa Student Loan for information on repaying your loan.
Iowa Student Loan Liquidity Corp.
6775 Vista Drive
West Des Moines, IA 50266
Toll-free telephone number: (800) 243-7552
Web site: www.studentloan.org
Additional College Planning Assistance
The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a free from provided by the U.S. Department of Education that may be completed without professional assistance via paper application or online at www.fafsa.gov. In your award letter from your college, the financial aid office will inform you of your eligibility for federal student loans.
If you are looking for information on planning for, paying for and succeeding in college, Premier Credit Union recommends the Iowa College Access Network® (ICAN). ICAN offers free services, including assistance with completing the FAFSA, to students and their families. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org or call (877) CPC-Iowa for more information about ICAN.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.
*Premier Credit Union is compensated by Iowa Student Loan for the referral of Partnership Loan customers.
News & Events